Before You Arrive
If you have any questions, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Chau (Vietnam) -
Shayan (Pakistan) -
Suan (Korea) -
Abbie (North Asia, Exc. Korea) -
Tomi - Africa -
George – LATAM -
Hoang - (Vietnam) -
Saranya - (SE Asia exc. Vietnam) -
Viraja – South Asia (India) -
Alice – South and West China -
Annie - South China -
Jane - West China -
Kelly – Central China -
Lisha - North China -
Mark - East China -
Vicky – North China -
Complete Your Pre-Arrival Checklist
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal enrollment advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth), and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy, and your scheduled appointment may be several weeks out.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal enrollment advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your flight, visit the Mercer Arrival Page to enter your arrival details and confirm your free airport pickup.
These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
|DIRECT: Engineering – Macon||August 11, 2019||January 2, 2020||N/A|
|DIRECT: Business – Atlanta||August 11, 2019||January 2, 2020||N/A|
|DIRECT: MBA Session II – Atlanta||October 12, 2019||March 2, 2020||N/A|
|Academic English – Atlanta||October 15, 2019||March 2, 2020||N/A|
|English Language Institute – Atlanta||August 19, 2019||January 2, 2020||May 12, 2020|
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit the Mercer’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Wire transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birthday.
Please complete the following forms:
Check off everything on this list to ensure you have completed all the steps before you arrive and bring everything you need to the Mercer University campus.